Saturday, January 3, 2009

Boulder Indoor Cycling Velodrome Opens

For cyclists, living in Colorado is like being a kid in a candy store. There is world class mountain biking, breathtaking road biking (Colorado National Monument in Fruita, for one) and this weekend yet another option appeared on our menu.

The Boulder Indoor Cycling
center is having its grand opening today.

I’ve never ridden on a velodrome, but it looks exciting! Phil, Jeffrey and I attended the Collegiate Track Cycling National Championships in Colorado Springs last September. Tactics and strategy are crucial – as well as being able to put out enough power to light up Manhattan.

Here are some thoughts on track cycling and life in general
that seemed worth sharing.

Hopefully we’ll get up to Boulder in the next couple of weeks so I can give you the full scoop. If you get there before I do, leave a comment or drop me a note – I’d love to hear what you think.

No comments:

Post a Comment