Tuesday, August 17, 2010

Injuries

While we all wait for Phil's race report, I thought I'd fill in with a little bit of reading that that struck close to home for me. I'm mostly off the bike right now to let an "impressive" case of tendonitis in my left knee heal up. I'm actively engaged in physical therapy, stretching, regular ice treatments and taking heavy duty non-steroidal anti-inflammatory medications . . .

Still, I can't wait to get back to riding. So the following articles caught my eye today. "At least one expert would say we stubborn athletes have a psychological problem."

When Repeat Injuries Can’t Dim an Athlete’s Passion and Switch Sports After Injury? Never! (especially the reader comments following the article).

Enjoy - and stay healthy out there!

No comments:

Post a Comment