Thursday, October 2, 2008

Weddings and Monuments

We have been out of town for the past week attending my nephew Erik's wedding in Baltimore, MD and doing a bit of sightseeing in Washington, DC.

Enjoy this one - it may be one of the only times you'll see a picture of me and Phil cleaned up for company! No bike helmets, caving gear or backpacks. I even wore pantyhose. Really.

Here is a shot of the Morrow siblings (in age order - Peggy, Mary, Barbara, Pat, Eileen and me). All of my nieces and nephews made it out to the wedding, too. I think we overwhelmed Hilary (the bride), but we all had a wonderful time. The wedding was held at the Belmont in Elkridge, MD.
On Tuesday Phil and I went to Washington, DC with my sister Eileen, her kids Clare and Adam, and my sister Peggy's family (Ron, Tom & Lisa and Madison & Nora).
The kids could not have been better - I was tired of museums and monuments long before they were. Of course, I didn't have a patriotic popsicle, either. . .

Maryland and Washington, DC are lush and there are more trees than a high plains girl like me can ever imagine. It's fun to visit, but I'm glad to be home again.

1 comment:

  1. We had a great time with you and the girls loved getting to know you!! Hope it won't be so long until next time!

    ReplyDelete